Sunday, August 10, 2008

EventFULL SaturDAY

So my day begins here in front of my parents house. This is at 9 in the morning and i can already feel the burning sun on my skin and plus I walked to my parents house which is a good 15 minutes walk from my house. Just waiting for my mom to get out and start our long day for today.
First event for the day. Filipino Catholic Society yearly picnic at Bowness Park. This is the 1st time Im attending this picnic so I dont know what exactly happens at this event. So as time goes by I noticed that this is just all about filipinos gathering together bringing there specialty dish sharing it with everyone and just relaxing, chatting and enjoying the sun and a good way to meet new filipino comers and to promote your business. Anyways I cant say much but youll see a lot of pictures so yah.
This is the 1st time my Tita Emy saw my new hair and she said she likes it and the colour suits me and asked me if I got it done from Ann which is my hairstylist. So I was so happy coz she thinks that my work is like the professional hahaha so I was really happy to tell her that I did this all by myself. And I got a big *Oh really, I like it can you do mine too like that?* And ofcourse I said yes, since shes my Tita anyways, if something goes wrong atleast I know she wont kill me hehehe.


Tito Arnold and I.

The cousins, Isaiah, Kenneth and Keanna.

Time to check whatès inside the tent. Can you guess what!
Yes, its food again! hahaha.
And this is just the beginning.


My mom, enjoying her not worth it $15 pedicure, honestly I think Im better than her. I shouldve taken an after picture. It was messy. This service was not worth $15 and thats just for the feet. You go to the nail salon and they will do manicure and pedicure for $25. But oh well thats just my opinion atleast my mom liked it.


More people starting to show up.
After eating lunch we headed to the playground.

Kids on the monkey bars.
Don't you just miss being a kid?!

Going back for some pinata's!!!
A little treat for the kids!!!

OMG, Isaiah was under that kid in green and red short. i wanted to hit the kid but ofcourse I can't and I won't. Tita Emy went and helped him out.
Isaiah, not happy as he got pushed so much by the other kids and didn't geet much candies :(. But atleast he didn't cry for getting pushed but I think he was gonna do the same if my tita didn't go after him hehehe.
It was so so so hot, I think it's +30 today or higher. I must've drank 5 water bottles in less than 3 hrs. plus i don't know how many pops Ive had.

Look at Isaiah so wet, they ran around the water spray thing. It was so hot so it's ok the kids won't catch a cold.
Second event, another Tita opened her business. Actually they just re-located and they had the blessings done yesteday 08-08-08 as well but since there were to many things going on that day and most people are already full of scheadule they had the friend/public opening today. It's a filipino grocery store and video rentals with money remittance as well. Her new place is actually better than the last one as the space is much bigger so she can organize her products more neatly and people can move freely and her parking space outside is much bigger. We actually stayed here for more than an hour and spend $55 worth of groceries ^_^ in which I think was a lot for a few chips, sauce more treats and some frozen dough but oh well they support my parents business so gotta return the favour right, oh wait I know now why I paid that much 'coz my mom bought some stuff too and I paid for them hahaha. And besides they have a promo thing that who ever spends more than $30 can enter there names to the draw which the 3rd place is $50 dollars worth of The Keg restaurant gift certificate, 2nd prize hhmmm i couldn't remember the 2nd prize, but the 1st prize is a Direct TV box, I don't really know how much they cost but it most be a lot since it's what you need to be able to watch the filipino channels here in Canada. And yes there was food here. Im actually eating while taking this photo. :)


Third event of the day, Aisha's Youth Christ Fundraising Talent show. It was suppose to start at 7 but then us filipinos are always 1 hour late so when a filipino invites you to there party and said "the party starts at 6, Filipino time" It actually means that the party starts at 7. So keep that in mind, but I have to say I'm always on time though, I hate waiting for people so I don't want people waiting for me as I know the feeling of waiting is not a pleasant one.

Someone I know came to me and said " Anna what happened to you, you look so tired". (Don't you just hate it when someone said that to you "oh, you look so tired" it's like there nice way of saying that you look $hitty so for crying out loud fix yourself up before you face me,ggrrrr). She totally ruined my happy spirit at that time. Anywayz since I'm a friendly person I just gave her a forced smile and said that I've been out since 9 in the morning so thats why and left her.

This is not the person I was talking about earlier. This is Aisha a very close family friend and also the reason why I'm here, to support her.

This was the first time I watched Aisha danced and she was pretty good, her and her group just need to practise a bit more so they can all move to the beat at the same time or they can use counting as well instead of following the beat. How can I say this you may ask? Well I used to dance, I would teach dance from kindergarden to gr.6 for talent shows. And yes I joined a lot of talent shows in our school and I would perform to special occasions when asked to. I actually wanted to be a choreographer when I was a kid. Speaking of this I should look for my old dance video tapes and post it here hahaha, yah right. Anyways back to Aisha and her group.
As I mentioned above, this is a fundraising show. This group is selected to go to Toronto to represent Youth Christ Calgary. This is a once a year event and they compete with 1 representative group from each province of Canada. Last year it was in Vancouver so there was not as much expense as we can easily drive there for 12 hrs. or take the plane for less than $200. But this years location is very expensive 1 plane ticket will cost atleast $500 plus accomodation and there's 16 of them going so, they need all the support they can get and I'm happy to be one of them.

And yes there was food again. Juice and muffins.

Last event of the day, my tita's house. Since I said I would dye her hair then I did. I bought the same brand and colour I used on me as she said she wants almost the same as mine but a bit darker. So this is what I used on me and will use on her. Big difference from my hair colour eh.


After 30 minutes, here is the result!!!
So my Tita got the result she wanted, she wants my hair colour but a bit darker than mine and as you can see from the picture it's perfect.
Hay, so we finished all that by 12 then we decided to watch this filipino movie which was an ok movie, I couldn't really pay attention to it as I was tired from the whole day activities we did and I was a bit sleepy but we stayed till the movie ended. Anywayz I ended up going home at 2 in the morning and it's now 11 in the morning and I'm updating this while waiting for my mom's call to let me know that we have more promotional things to do and get ready now!!!

Oh and we ate again here at my titas house hahaha. All in all I think my food intake for today is equal to 1 weeks intake so no food for me for the whole week.!!! hahaha yah I wish I can do that.

1 comment:

cal81 said...

aha! filipino time... i guess that's a global phenomenon...~ we call it 'Malaysian Time' ... =p