We got there before my Tita and this was already pass 7 and we were there by 6:30, we thought it was just 'coz but when she got there she explained to us that she didn't want to start the blessing and opening till it hit 8, now that makes sense. But she didn't tell us that before so we thought she was just being herself who's always late ^_^
Friday, August 8, 2008
08-08-08 at 8:00 p.m.
According to the older people today is suppose to be a very lucky day. So there were a lot of things happening here especially to the chinese community, people getting married, and pregnant ladies who can have c-section chose to have it today (i know atleast 2) and a lot as in a lot of business openings. And one of those is my Tita (Aunt). She opened her cargo and money remittance business today so being a good daughter that I am, I accompanied my mom and it is also a good place to promote our next concert since there will be a lot of people (visit http://www.puretalents.ca if you want to know what concerts I'm talking about).
We got there before my Tita and this was already pass 7 and we were there by 6:30, we thought it was just 'coz but when she got there she explained to us that she didn't want to start the blessing and opening till it hit 8, now that makes sense. But she didn't tell us that before so we thought she was just being herself who's always late ^_^
The blessings starts at exactly 8 p.m. I don't know what I was smilling at but there was something that's for sure and it's not because someone was taking my picture as I didn't even know this was taken (no flash). This was from my mom's camera. The guy probably thought that I was insane laughing by myself during some prayers and wanted to capture it so he can prove that I am insane hehehe.
Now prayers for the food. I bet everyone's hungry as we all waited over an hour to eat.
Poor piggy, but a very tasty, crunchy good piggy even though there was no sauce!!!


It was an ok event but thanks to this sparkling wine the event went over ok. 7% alcohol is better than a 0% alcohol hahahaha!!!
And then they have this throwing coins at the end. I thought they only do this on house blessings. I didn't join in as I was afraid to get hit by all those coins ^_^
Ok, time for bed. We have 3 events to go to tomorrow starting at 9 a.m. so I better rest now since I'll have to do a lot of talking to people tomorrow. Good night!!!
We got there before my Tita and this was already pass 7 and we were there by 6:30, we thought it was just 'coz but when she got there she explained to us that she didn't want to start the blessing and opening till it hit 8, now that makes sense. But she didn't tell us that before so we thought she was just being herself who's always late ^_^
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yup... 08-08-08 is very auspicious to the chinese... luck-luck-luck! that's why the beijing olympics starts on this date =)
Post a Comment